NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Chattahoochee River
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-18, 06:18 PM   #1
vancheesey
Native

Default JB, hither, and yon...

Great couple of days back on the water...bows were hitting pink and purple frenchies and browns were hitting stoneflies, actually got a few nice sized browns in the 16 to 20" range. Bows were also hitting small streamers aggressively. It may just be my imagination but the trout seem to be particularly fat, healthy, and aggressive as we come to the end of winter with spring around the corner. Geese and hawks are beginning their courtship rituals and everything seems ready and waiting on spring...
Old 02-16-18, 08:22 PM   #2
Jakkbauer
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancheesey View Post
Great couple of days back on the water...bows were hitting pink and purple frenchies and browns were hitting stoneflies, actually got a few nice sized browns in the 16 to 20" range. Bows were also hitting small streamers aggressively. It may just be my imagination but the trout seem to be particularly fat, healthy, and aggressive as we come to the end of winter with spring around the corner. Geese and hawks are beginning their courtship rituals and everything seems ready and waiting on spring...
Well done and nice report. I agree Spring is near. I saw the same from the birds, the bass in my lake turned on, and even beginning to find string algae in some of my koi ponds. Fish are aggressive and healthy indeed. Itís going to be a fun Spring!
Jakkbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-18, 09:00 PM   #3
mbailey729
Native

Sounds like youíve had a lot more success than I have recently. Only caught one bow on Wed on the one hit I got and was skunked today. Was very windy but did see some fish rising but couldnít match what they were feeding on. Did see some pretty good size (14-16) caddis coming off the water
mbailey729 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-18, 09:07 PM   #4
trout1980
Native

Sounds like a good time
trout1980 is offline   Reply With Quote