NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > NGTO Fishing Forums > General Information
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-18, 11:55 AM   #1
BOD, Hall of Fame
Question Don Pedro Island/Manasota Key FL

Anyone been there before? Its in between Boca Grand and Venice on the west coast. I have an opportunity to head down there in a few weeks and have never been. Id be confined to the shore, docks or within paddling distance in my kayak.

Just trying to gather any intel.

Thanks in advance.
I am officially upgrading Gatorbyte from "fly in my ointment" to "thorn in my side". If he happens to elevate himself to "pain in my a$$" I'm gonna blame it on RScott.

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

baldea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-18, 06:34 PM   #2

I have never been to that exact area, but did yak fish the Venice/Sarasota area a couple years ago. It was during the spring/summer. Look up Myakka River, I hear salty fish run up there during the colder months. Also, you got the ICW, and endless potential beach fishing options. You can also lookup Steve Gibson, who runs kayak fishing trips in that area, and will probably answer your questions better than I could.
kbrunson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-18, 07:45 PM   #3

Brother/friends used to fish Little Gaspirilla/Boca Grande, mostly summertime though. The grass flats inside should be your best options I am guessing. Wind and tide will be the limiting factors. I suggest taking a spinning rod if that is not heresy. Also check the Maverick/Hewes forum, used to be some good flyrod and general flats talk there. Snook would be a nice prize
AllTimeLow is offline   Reply With Quote