NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > NGTO Fishing Forums > General Information
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-18, 07:15 PM   #1
Steve Hudson
Hall of Fame Member

Default Shoal bass enthusiasts -- your chance to be famous!

Hi folks! As you may have heard, I'm working on a new book project tentatively titled "Fishing for Shoal Bass." It will focus on shoal bass (range, ecology, management and so on) and on the how and (in general but very useful terms -- think "just the right amount of info") on where to fish for them. The book will look at fly fishing as well as at spin fishing, with a strong emphasis on environmental stewardship and protection and development of the resource. It's turning into a pretty neat project!

I'm at the point in the project where I'm ready to start looking for anecdotes, tips, suggestions and photos from shoal bass anglers other than me.

I'll also like to talking to experienced shoal bass guides, so if you have a favorite please forward a recommendation.

If you have insights, hints or anecdotes, suggestions on your favorite guide or guides, or even just a photo of you with a big shoalie that you'd be willing to share, I'd love to talk with you! Drop me a PM here with contact info, or drop an email to me at ... aa4bw at comcast dot com.

Thanks!

Best,

Steve
Steve Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-18, 08:29 PM   #2
Jakkbauer
Native

Hi there Steve! Cant wait for another book from ya. I am sure you have seen the Chattahoochee DH thread, it is most recently on quite a shoal bass kick. I must say this book will be highly anticipated
Jakkbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-18, 11:29 PM   #3
troutrookie
Native

Default Shoal Bass Info

May want to talk with Randy Vining - "Riverpirate" on the board, he is super knowledgeable, did a kayak seminar at the fall fling that was very helpful.
I can't wait for the book!
Darryl
troutrookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-18, 11:10 AM   #4
Counslrman
Hall of Fame Member

...my go-to's are olive/black wooly boogers, green /red craws, hellgrammites in black/brown, ants in red/black...

Attachment 17545

Attachment 17547

...the real old-timer locals who fish Mulberry Creek (flows into Goat Rock Lake just above Columbus), Flint, Hooch, etc. call Hellgrammites "rock worms"...they are the larvae of the Dobson fly...they are present in Piedmont rivers and streams...ball love them ...catfish , as well...

Blessings!

Jimmy

Last edited by Counslrman; 08-22-18 at 07:02 AM.
Counslrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-18, 11:31 AM   #5
Riverpirate
Native

You should come Fish with me, we can talk, Fish, take pictures...
Old 02-22-18, 11:45 AM   #6
fredw
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverpirate View Post
You should come Fish with me, we can talk, Fish, take pictures...
Steve, an offer like this should be difficult to pass. Randy knows and loves his shoalies.
fredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-18, 04:34 PM   #7
kbrunson
Native

Love the shoal bass. Iím really looking forward to the book. Iím sure you know this already Steve, but give Mr. Kent Edmonds a ring.
kbrunson is offline   Reply With Quote