NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Chattahoochee River
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-18, 12:20 PM   #1
splatek16

Default Science

So, there was some cool science starting over on that DH thread but I guess it's been taken down. Not sure the real reason, because I thought the info being shared on there was really informative. So I'm dropping this one here in hopes it'll continue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
splatek16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-18, 12:31 PM   #2
Philhutch80
Native

Thumbs up

It is a shame that thread was shut down when really important knowledge was being shared and that was trumped because of 'uneasiness'. That is just unnecessary because there are more people on this forum that want to learn and educate themselves to be better fishermen. Thank you for continuing the knowledge sharing. Knowledge is power.
Philhutch80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-18, 12:45 PM   #3
cristallo86
Native

why was it shut down?
cristallo86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-18, 12:55 PM   #4
Philhutch80
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristallo86 View Post
why was it shut down?
Does not matter at this point. Always forward....

Since North Carolina is one of our northern neighbors, I found an interesting article talking about trout densities per acre in their streams. Good info and good read!

http://www.journalpatriot.com/opinio...9bb30f31a.html

I would be curious to know if the densities in Georgia are similar in the Chattahoochee or Toccoa which are tailwaters vs say the Chatooga.
Philhutch80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-18, 06:00 PM   #5
Lumis
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristallo86 View Post
why was it shut down?
A user started posting pictures of cheerleaders as a good "end" to the thread. A few posts were deleted before it was locked. Nothing important really.
Lumis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-18, 07:01 PM   #6
Buck Henry
Former NGTO President, Sith Lord, FKA Bhuk Henri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumis View Post
A user started posting pictures of cheerleaders as a good "end" to the thread. A few posts were deleted before it was locked. Nothing important really.
That "user" was me and you are welcome! Actually, the thread had diverted so far from the original topic that the OP asked that it be shut down. Sensing it's ultimate demise, I thought it was time to break out the "big guns" and end on a high note.

Hey, this thread titled Science should have some pretty broad leeway I would think. Bodacious mammary glands are scientific, let's talk about those.

Buck Henry
Simple Goat Herder
Former NGTO President
Hall of Fame Member
Buck Henry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-18, 07:02 PM   #7
I_got_skunked
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Henry View Post
That "user" was me and you are welcome! Actually, the thread had diverted so far from the original topic that the OP asked that it be shut down. Sensing it's ultimate demise, I thought it was time to break out the "big guns" and end on a high note.

Hey, this thread titled Science should have some pretty broad leeway I would think. Bodacious mammary glands are scientific, let's talk about those.

Warning: all posts should be assumed to contain sarcasm and misinformation unless stated otherwise. The opinions shared are not necessarily those of the poster.
I_got_skunked is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-18, 10:20 PM   #8
splatek16

I'm internationally know for my work on the hind quarters of female humans
#science

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
splatek16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-18, 10:54 PM   #9
Lumis
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatek16 View Post
I'm internationally know for my work on the hind quarters of female humans
#science
Lumis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-18, 09:55 AM   #10
THE EG
CFO, HoF Member, Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatek16 View Post
So, there was some cool science starting over on that DH thread but I guess it's been taken down. Not sure the real reason, because I thought the info being shared on there was really informative. So I'm dropping this one here in hopes it'll continue
Not taken down, just closed at the request of the original poster which we typically tend to do as their prerogative. I had some responses to make so wasn't at my choosing even though I closed the thread. I have a request in to the OP to reopen, if he agrees we'll call Buck Henry's cheerleaders an intermission. If he does not respond, we can copy parts of that thread that have to do with "science" although I think you should be a bit more detailed in your title. Buck has already made the argument here as to why.

Exactly in that thread would you like to pick it back up? BTW: if you want lots of views, my suggestion for a title would be, "There are no smallmouth bass in the Hooch Tailwater!!" Then be adamant about it.

Last edited by THE EG; 02-23-18 at 10:20 AM. Reason: tragically bad spelling
THE EG is offline   Reply With Quote