NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Chattahoochee River
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-18, 06:31 PM   #1
Lumis
Native

Talking I've kept ya'll waiting long enough. My first "official" trout.

So. Sometime last month, I was on youtube watching @Zeeee's Chattahoochee videos. Left a comment saying he should post more because I was interested in fly fishing. He messaged me saying he'd take me sometime and give me some lessons. Talked to him here and there for a few weeks.

Yesterday he asked me if I wanted to go and of course, I was down. He had extra boots, waders, life jacket. Practically set me up for success. We drove to the dam, parked, and walked down a good bit before finally getting into the water. He decided to tie on some flies of his own for me. Taught me how to tie a certain knot for two flies.

And then he taught me how to correctly mend and throw me fly back up stream. He didn't fish for like the first hour. Simply watched me fish and corrected me. That's some real teaching if you ask me.

After a while, the flies we were using didn't seem to be working so we switched things up. Some 2 hours after arriving, I finally managed to hook a fish and got him into the net, even though I was really scared I would lose him.

Fish.
Fish and I.

I'm not a huge fan of taking fish pictures with myself in them, but I was pretty dang happy, and trying to hold it all back lol.

Fished for about two more hours. Zach had some more fish caught. I was still at my one, but content with that. He said he saw me miss a few. I'm sure I did. Did a little exploring, checked out the other side of the island. Fell into a few pools and had some water drip into my waders, leading to jeans that I look like I pee'd in.

Overall, awesome day. Huge shoutout to Zach for the trip. May as well link his youtube as he'll be posting a video of today sometime. Here is the video
Also big shoutout to Splatek, who I've been nagging with questions for a while now. Still hasn't blocked my number

Thanks for reading!

Edit: Shoutout to dave375 (i think that was his username), met him in the parking lot and we talked some.

Last edited by Lumis; 02-24-18 at 10:57 AM.
Lumis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-18, 06:44 PM   #2
eyeflyfish
Native

Congratulations Lumis.
Keep at it, practice whenever you can, even in the yard.
Soon you will be catching multiple fish per trip. And always remember its not always about catching sometimes its enjoying the outdoors and learning.
eyeflyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-18, 06:57 PM   #3
JerryG
Native

Good job, man! Way to stay at it!
JerryG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-18, 07:06 PM   #4
I_got_skunked
Native

Congrats, dude.

Warning: all posts should be assumed to contain sarcasm and misinformation unless stated otherwise. The opinions shared are not necessarily those of the poster.
I_got_skunked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-18, 07:18 PM   #5
Jakkbauer
Native

Good job you crossword solving fiend!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Jakkbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-18, 07:51 PM   #6
Lumis
Native

Thank you, thank you.

Now that I'm a self proclaimed expert, I can teach some of you rookies a lesson or two. For a small price of course. Such expertise has a cost.

I promise you no one can teach you to tangle your line like I can.
Lumis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-18, 08:00 PM   #7
splatek16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakkbauer View Post
Good job you crossword solving fiend!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Just won the forum
Congrats @lumis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
splatek16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-18, 08:20 PM   #8
fishnpreacher
Board of Directors Chaplain, Hall of Fame

Good job Lumis!
Hang in there. The right day,right fly, a little more experience and you are looking at a 20-30 fish day.

Exodus 29:18
Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD.

God loves BBQ!
fishnpreacher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-18, 09:05 PM   #9
eyeflyfish
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumis View Post
Thank you, thank you.

Now that I'm a self proclaimed expert, I can teach some of you rookies a lesson or two. For a small price of course. Such expertise has a cost.

I promise you no one can teach you to tangle your line like I can.
It is a true talent to tie a knot in mid air without using your fingers! Some people can sing, play musical instruments, paint, etc. We have the fingerless knot tying talent. I'm proud of it.
eyeflyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-18, 09:39 PM   #10
Prowler
Native, aka Tooga Prowler

Good job. Welcome to the addiction.

Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote