NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Chattahoochee River
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-18, 11:12 AM   #1
Swamp Angel
President

Default 2018 Gathering of NGTO Navy

It's gittin' to be that tahm of year ag'in. The last weekend of winter is comin' up fast, an' it's nigh on tahm fer the NGTO Navy to gather fer the firstest tahm of the year in search of walleye (or ennything else that maht bend a rod) on the upper 'Hooch above Lake Lanier.

The NGTO Navy is purty much comprised of ennybody who has a small bateau that can navigate shallow water and who wants to join in the fun. This has been an annual gathering since March of 2012, an' we are currently plannin' on launchin' from the bridge at Lula, GA sometime in the mornin' of March 17th.

Here's a video of the 2014 Gatherin' of the Fleet which included some friends from Kentucky an' Tennessee. Enjoy the video and consider joinin' us!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsCmpDqlJ0A
If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.
Swamp Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-18, 11:35 AM   #2
eyeflyfish
Native

That looks sho nuff like nuthin but fun.
eyeflyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-18, 11:56 AM   #3
Swamp Angel
President

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeflyfish View Post
That looks sho nuff like nuthin but fun.
Well then, come on out and play!
If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.
Swamp Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-18, 07:58 PM   #4
JerryG
Native

Boy oh boy, watchin' that there movie makes a feller miss his ol riverhawk! Suppose soma you done even had the real name brand units too!

Ain't never been that far up tha ol hooch an maybe that splains why I ain't never met but one of you fellers from the movie ther. Ran up on DaDa one morning huntin unicorns and like always we was all coming up zeroed and scratchin our heads. Ain't noe better place fer meetin feller fishermen than right out cheer onna water. His rig was all fitted up fer standin an drivin!

If y'all got room for one more, an supposin there ain't no HP strictins', I'd love to try and get up are with the ol navy there fer the 2018 run.
JerryG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-18, 08:10 PM   #5
browniez
NGTO Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
Boy oh boy, watchin' that there movie makes a feller miss his ol riverhawk! Suppose soma you done even had the real name brand units too!

Ain't never been that far up tha ol hooch an maybe that splains why I ain't never met but one of you fellers from the movie ther. Ran up on DaDa one morning huntin unicorns and like always we was all coming up zeroed and scratchin our heads. Ain't noe better place fer meetin feller fishermen than right out cheer onna water. His rig was all fitted up fer standin an drivin!

If y'all got room for one more, an supposin there ain't no HP strictins', I'd love to try and get up are with the ol navy there fer the 2018 run.

I remembah the mornin o which ya speak sir.

I may join as well supposin there ain't a aluminum restriction
Old 02-27-18, 07:38 AM   #6
Da Da's Fishing
Internet Technologies Officer, Director, Hall of Fame Member

There are neither HP nor hull restrictions in this Navy! All are welcome to join. I'll be there with bells on and the rain should have the river up enough for us to make a good run up.

DD F
Old 02-27-18, 10:26 AM   #7
Philhutch80
Native

The Slam-o Trutta will be there as long as I am able to diagnose and get this motor issue corrected between now and then! Look forward to it gentlement.

Last edited by Philhutch80; 02-27-18 at 10:39 AM.
Philhutch80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-18, 11:36 AM   #8
Jakkbauer
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philhutch80 View Post
The Slam-o Trutta will be there as long as I am able to diagnose and get this motor issue corrected between now and then! Look forward to it gentlement.
Can I rope up my yak to your boat, oh wait I can paddle faster than that motor upstream

Just kidding, it was cute being so close to you to shift the weight my bro. Good times! Haha

Oh and SWEET BOAT NAME!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Jakkbauer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-18, 05:51 PM   #9
fishinbub
Hall of Fame Member

I may have to stop by and chat with y'all a bit at launch. Won't have time to fish, but I need to live vicariously through people that do

The right flies at the right time: Monthly Fly
fishinbub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-18, 06:57 PM   #10
Trouty Mouth
Native

Ah - I was actually thinking about the NGTO Navy not long ago & thinking it was time to hit Lula. Will put on the Calendar!
Trouty Mouth is offline   Reply With Quote