NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Chattahoochee River
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-18, 03:35 PM   #1
Dave375
Native

Default Cold rain and hungry fish

Rainy days normally slow my work down enough to sneak some extra time in on the river. Pulled in the parking lot around 9:15 this morning. Most days I take a pretty good hike before getting in but today with steady rain and an empty parking lot I got in much closer to the truck than usual. It was in the high 40s and raining pretty steady, I thought about grabbing a pair of gloves but decided I had enough rain gear, etc on and left them on the seat. Started out euro nymphing and the browns were hungry. I had 2 before Id even made it out of the creek and into the river.

Wading down stream it didnt take long to hit double digits. They were spread out and feeding. All browns except one really good looking bow.

Retraced my steps on the way out and continued to catch fish. 90 minutes later I was back at the truck struggling to get numb fingers to work well enough to untie my boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-28-18, 04:19 PM   #2
gau16
Native

I love fishing in the rain so much. Like not torrential down pours or thunder storms but just normal rain. Lots of confidence in those situations. Something about being in nature that way, too. Id take it over a day of sunshine anytime.

That bow is very pretty, too.
Old 02-28-18, 04:48 PM   #3
Big T
BOD HOF SSQTCH

Great to see that Settles Bridge is fishing that well Dave. Good job I might see you out there in the morning.

Use Promo Code NGTO for 5% off
Big T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-18, 04:59 PM   #4
splatek16

Big T we all know there aren't any fish at settles and all the big hogs live at the dam

splatek16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-18, 05:26 PM   #5
Big T
BOD HOF SSQTCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatek16 View Post
Big T we all know there aren't any fish at settles and all the big hogs live at the dam

News is out man. You are the Settles King. I guided a young man recently who said he sees you there all the time catching big browns.

Use Promo Code NGTO for 5% off
Big T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-18, 05:48 PM   #6
richf7
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by gau16 View Post
I love fishing in the rain so much. Like not torrential down pours or thunder storms but just normal rain. Lots of confidence in those situations. Something about being in nature that way, too. I’d take it over a day of sunshine anytime.
Couldn’t agree more, and it’s another excuse to buy more gear!

One of my best memories is fishing in a cold rain with my Dad catching all the flounder we’d ever need.
richf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-18, 06:44 PM   #7
Dave375
Native

gau16 and richf7, I grew up and still today work in weather related environments so from a young age rain days were always when we went fishing. Big T, I can't predict a time yet but it's a pretty good guess I'll get out at some point tomorrow, I'll most likely be pretty close to where you normally see me, you know that spot at S*t*l*s B**dge. It is flat loaded with big browns and rainbows right now so leave that skinny tippet at home.
Dave375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-18, 08:05 PM   #8
Sighter
NGTO Instagram Controller

Great looking bow you got there! Double digits in 90 minutes sounds like an amazing day
Sighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-18, 02:16 PM   #9
GBram
Native

Code...
Old 03-01-18, 08:53 PM   #10
FlickNdip
Native

Healthy looking fish there!

Team Georgia Competitive Fly Fishing Team now has a Facebook Page and an Instagram Page . Check them out for great information, pictures and events!

New to fly fishing? Check out Monthlyfly.com For localized Match The Hatch Flies mailed to your door!
FlickNdip is offline   Reply With Quote