NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > N. Georgia Small Streams--Trout Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-18, 02:54 PM   #11
Lumis
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkbonejoey71 View Post
Eeek! I could never kill one of the rainbow warriors!
I used to kill and eat trout left and right. Now I can't. I've kept one trout in the last 5 months.
Lumis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-18, 03:04 PM   #12
Buck Henry
Former NGTO President, Sith Lord, FKA Bhuk Henri

Guys, there is no shame in taking a few stockers home for the dinner table. As Mr. Durniak is know for saying "feel free to take some trout home, I will make more!".

Buck Henry
Simple Goat Herder
Former NGTO President
Hall of Fame Member
Buck Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-18, 03:30 PM   #13
Lumis
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Henry View Post
Guys, there is no shame in taking a few stockers home for the dinner table. As Mr. Durniak is know for saying "feel free to take some trout home, I will make more!".
Definitely nothing wrong with it. Just personal choice over time.

I want my bows to grow big and strong
Lumis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-18, 05:04 PM   #14
GoutUnlimited
Red Menace

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman1 View Post
Oh Hell Yeah! Fry you up some shrimp and taters with those fish, open up a Buschhhhhhhhhhhhhh and have a party!
Only the buckman would encourage underage drinking!
And sitting by desolate streams;
World losers and world forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams.
GoutUnlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-18, 05:32 PM   #15
richf7
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by del Monte chucker View Post
Was hungry for a trout dinner so I headed to the best warmwater creek to catch trout in for a quick trip with my dad. Caught my limit in 2 hours with squirmy worms, glo bugs and also caught a few on trout magnets and powerbait trout worms and dough. Lost a section of my fly rod soon before leaving, so that sucked. Ordered an eagle claw featherlight 7’ fly rod after getting home to replace it. After getting home, baked a few with some lemon pepper, lots of butter, sea salt and foil. Also fried up a few the next day in cornmeal salt lemon pepper and old bay.

https://i.imgur.com/eTRtWFq.jpg
There aren’t many things better than fried fish!

What technique did you use fishing trout magnets?
richf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-18, 06:19 PM   #16
HILLIS LANIER
Native

Now I am hungry for some trout, either baked or fried. Love them cooked either way.
Old 03-06-18, 08:10 PM   #17
Killer Kyle
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumis View Post
I used to kill and eat trout left and right. Now I can't. I've kept one trout in the last 5 months.
I am a staunch advocate for catch and release only practices as well!
I release the non trout species to the water, and release the trout
..... to the grease.
My friend Buckman also has a tramp stamp tattoo that says "RELEASE TO THE GREASE!"
I'm pretty sure it is referencing trout, but with him, who knows?!
Killer Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-18, 08:12 PM   #18
Killer Kyle
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by del Monte chucker View Post
Was hungry for a trout dinner so I headed to the best warmwater creek to catch trout in for a quick trip with my dad. Caught my limit in 2 hours with squirmy worms, glo bugs and also caught a few on trout magnets and powerbait trout worms and dough. Lost a section of my fly rod soon before leaving, so that sucked. Ordered an eagle claw featherlight 7’ fly rod after getting home to replace it. After getting home, baked a few with some lemon pepper, lots of butter, sea salt and foil. Also fried up a few the next day in cornmeal salt lemon pepper and old bay.

https://i.imgur.com/eTRtWFq.jpg
Your stock of ammo is quite impressive. Flies, dough bait, jigs, worms. I dig it. Variety is the spice of life!!
Killer Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-18, 08:51 PM   #19
fishinbub
Hall of Fame Member

The rainbows ain't supposed to be here, anyways.

The right flies at the right time: Monthly Fly
fishinbub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-18, 08:58 PM   #20
milkbonejoey71
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumis View Post
You should consider fishing with only barbless hooks like I do. I can't imagine wanting to harm a majestic little rainbowed warrior, and barbless hooks enable me to quickly reel in my fish and release them without touching them at all! And... If you hook a larger than average specimen who is exerting too much energy, more often than not you can let the line go slack and the hook will come out. I try not to let my trout get tuckered out too much, their health is much more important than a photo.

P.S. I feel your pain about losing a fish 5 months ago. A couple years ago, while fishing on the Chattahoochee DH in June, I lost my train of thought while drifting a nymph in a deep hole. I was hungry, and was eating a granola bar, and lost my focus. All of a sudden, my rod bowed over from the tug of a hungry fish! I actually dropped my granola bar (and wrapper) in the river. After an epic battle, I finally got the fish close to my net and he went belly up and died. He Died. I still haven't forgave myself. I should have never been drifting a nymph while multi-tasking with my granola energy pack. That 10.387 inch rainbow is now buried next to my pet cat, Fluffy, who tragically lost his life at the behest of a garbage truck squishing him.