NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Welcome to NGTO > New Members!
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-09, 10:32 PM   #11
henryc
Hall of Fame Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EG View Post
They hadn't taken TroutTackler fishin' yet therefore did not qualify for the requisite shameless plug?

I know, I know, it's Durniak's post. Being of the north Georgia variety, he doesn't get down to flatlander territory enough to remember some of those intown folks.

FYI also: I'll sub The Fish Hawk for Upper Hi Fly which is no longer in business. Neither is Outdoor Traditions near Dawsonville.

I'll also add Highland Outfitters since they are a sponsor.

Does Hammond's offer anything in the fly or trout fishing lines?
Yes they do.....small selection of TFO/Wht River rods & Orvis /Wht River lines. Lots of Umpqua flies, tippet etc...Best of all is they open at 5AM. Forget something on the way up to the mountains from Atlanta, then you can get it on the way up that morning- 1 mile off of 400 and exit 17

Alpharetta Outfitters is a new small shop that carries Orvis and TFO and is good for a local guy who cannot make it to the previously mentioned shops in Durniak's original post.
henryc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-09, 10:18 PM   #12
TroutTackler
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EG View Post
They hadn't taken TroutTackler fishin' yet therefore did not qualify for the requisite shameless plug?
Ouch! I just now saw this... man...

It hurts because it's true...

My Facebook
TroutTackler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-09, 10:19 PM   #13
TroutTackler
Native

Durniak left out the Fish Hawk on purpose because he knew that newbies would have a good chance of bumping into either Henry Cowen or Paul Puckett, neither of which would be good for the future of the sport.
My Facebook
TroutTackler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-10, 12:49 AM   #14
TonyL
Native

This is great. I am new and just what i was looking for. Thanks for sharing your knowledge!
TonyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-10, 04:34 PM   #15
TheSportsGuy
Native

This is a terrific post! It was very useful! I am trying to get into fly fishing, but am predominately a spinning rod fisherman. I was wondering if you would be able to construct a form like this for using a spinning rod ( what lures and when). If you're not able to, could you pssibly redirect me to a place that does give you this info? Thanks!
TheSportsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-10, 09:34 PM   #16
random_lengths
Native

Hey SportsGuy - go to the web site of the Rabun Chapter, Trout Unlimited (link below) and click on Home > About Rabun TU > Education > Getting Started: A Rabunite 101 Primer. Lots of good info there.

You're always welcome to come to one of our chapter meetings (next one: Tues Nov 16 at 6:30 pm, ReMax office on Hwy 441 in Clayton, GA). You're sure to "hook up" with someone to go fishing with.

Pat
www.rabuntu.org
random_lengths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-11, 10:53 AM   #17
Brandonrsx
Stocker

Default New to Fly Fishing

Hey fellas (or ladies)! my name is brandon and i live in carrollton ga. I recently got into fly fishing, been bass fising with poppers just to get the hang of casting. Actually caught a 10lb largemouth on my 6 weight. But im really after trout. Ive never caught one and i love fishing rivers and hiking. This weekend actually im going up to my buddies mother's cabin located on the cartecay river in gilmer county. I have read in a book that the fly fishing on this river is not so bad during this time of year. Any tips? ive fished the blackberry mountain area during the summer, and have caught bass and brim but certainly no trout. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Really excited about getting into the trout game.
Brandonrsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-12, 08:54 AM   #18
Windknot
Director, Hall of Fame Member, Secretary

Default Some 2012 Links & Info

Georgia Fishing License Fees

License Type
Residents
Non-Residents
Annual Fishing License
$9.00
$45.00
Two-Year Fishing License
$16.00
NA
Fishing/Hunting License (3-day)
Residents may purchase the Resident 3-day Combination License (087) or Apprentice 3-day License (089) for fishing.
$3.50
$20.00
Trout License (3-day)
$3.50
$10.00
Trout License
$5.00
$20.00
Two-Year Trout License
$10.00
NA
Wildlife Management Area Stamp
$19.00
$73.00
Hunting and Fishing Combination
$17.00
$100.00
Two-Year Hunting and Fishing Combination
$31.00
NA
Sportsman (covers all hunting and fishing privileges except federal duck stamp& alligator license)
$55.00
NA
Two-Year Sportsman (covers all hunting and fishing privileges except federal duck stamp& alligator license)
$105.00
NA
Commercial Fishing License
Residents
Non-Residents
Seasonal Commercial Fishing License
$12.00
$118.00
Seasonal Crabbing License
$12.00
$118.00
Lifetime License Type
Residents

Lifetime Licenses *

Under 2 years old
$200.00

Ages 2-15
$350.00

Ages 16 and older
$500.00

Age 60 and over
$95.00

Age 65 and over
Free ($10 plastic card)

Under 16 years old non-resident grandchild of resident lifetime license holder
$1,000.00

Convenience Fees
Total

Internet Transactions
$2.50

Telephone Transactions
$5.00

Walk-in Transactions
$3.00

Georgia License Info Details - http://www.georgiawildlife.org/node/654

Jimmy Jacobs' book is in its 4th edition. Earlier editions will still be worth their discounted paperback prices.

David Cannon's book will work, too! http://www.unicoiliarsclub.com/2010/...g-georgia.html

For 2012, Fishers may be more inclined to add the Wildlife Management Area license, since that license (or its GORP equivalent) will be required on some streams that previously were exempt.
Windknot is offline   Reply With Quote