NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > N. Georgia Small Streams--Trout Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-07, 10:59 AM   #1
Send a message via AIM to atlninja82
Thumbs up dukes creek report 6/30

me and pmiman made reservations early last week to fish yesterday. i stopped in at unicoi outfitters and they told me what they should be hitting and a few other tips. and i met a bunch of great guys up there. also i met jeff durniak. GREAT guy if you ever get to meet him. we met up with him at dukes and he showed us pretty much everything. which was really nice of him.i dont know how i could thank him enough. but finally after the instruction i hooked up with one and snapped my 5x tippet in all of about a second. it was crazy. that got my heart goin lemme tell ya. then it was pmiman's turn to fish the hole. and he hooked up with another one and his was off after about 3 jumps . haha but it was a lot of fun ill tell you that much. even if we did loose them. but after him ai went again. and finally i hooked up with one that stayed on. when my strike indicator went under i didnt think it was a fish. i thought it was a rock or somthin. untill my drag started singing to me. after a good fight i landed the 17" rainbow. my first fish from dukes and biggest ever! here she is.

it was definatly a time i will never forget. thanks jeff.

"Some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God." -Tony Blake

"Angling may be said to be so like the mathematics, that it can never be fully learnt." -Izaak Walton 1653

atlninja82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-07, 04:08 PM   #2

Well, you hooked up with the right one. Not the fish, but Jeff.

That is just like Jeff to help a kid out. My Lauren STILL talks about him and it has been since January since she saw him at the AFFF.

Way to go on the trout. I also have some good news for you...that's a LITTLE one for Dukes. There are some bigger ones waiting on you there.

There are two types of snakes: Chickensnakes and Cobras. If it ain't got a chicken in it's mouth, it's a cobra.
Gillseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-07, 05:14 PM   #3

That's the best of luck right there! You managed to run into the right guy to put you onto some fish and it happened in the right place. It worked too!
I'll be going for my first time this Wednsday to Dukes, hopefully I can have similar success. Good job on the fish!!
I hope he wasn't too hard on you.
"Though You slay me, yet will I praise You.
Though You ruin me, still will I worship."
FitFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-07, 06:33 PM   #4
Hall of Fame Member
Send a message via AIM to Fishbreath
Default cool

thats a good rainbow right there.
Can you Quack??
Fishbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-07, 06:36 PM   #5
Chris B.

Way to go atlninja82. That is one nice looking fish you got there. Also Jeff is a great source of info for trout fishing techniques, etc. You'll remember this day for a long time. Thanks for the post.

Chris B.
Chris B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-07, 07:50 PM   #6

I believe the look on your face says it all. Way to go!
Old 07-01-07, 09:08 PM   #7
Send a message via AIM to pmi_man

that image of the fish jumping will forever be burned my memory, i cant thank jeff enough. had a blast, and cant wait to do it again.
thanks again jeff
pmi_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-07, 11:36 AM   #8
Ex El Presidente Supremo, Happy Cowboy Sunshine Boy (currently in exile on Elba)
Send a message via AIM to Gatorbyte

Nice going, I've yet to land a fish the 2 times I've been to Dukes.

ad illudendum , et in sibilum

"Laughter is my drug of choice"
- B. Nelson, HSD, AA, BS, MS, LPC, LMHC, NCC, FFF CCI, ACI, PADI AD, OPP, OCD, ADHD, ODD, PIB, MIB, PBR, PB & J, General Manager of the World, Fluent in Sarcasm

TBoy to GB: "An education doesn't fix stupid, you're living proof of that "

"You're an Idiot" - RScott

I Beat Tommy King in a Spelling Bee.

"I canít be nobody but the Gatorbyte. Yes, I like talking about myself in the third person. Something tells me deep down inside you like it too. I'm YUGE!" - Bret "Gatorbyte" Nelson
Gatorbyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-07, 11:44 AM   #9
Director, Hall of Fame Member, Secretary
Default Wow!

Welcome to the big league! When you have a great teacher - and you pay attention and apply the leasons - good things happen. Now all ya gotta do is practice, practice, practice!
Windknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-07, 12:29 PM   #10

It was good meeting you Saturday and nice fish. Everytime one bits my heart races like crazy. I guess that one reason we fish. Jeff, is a great guy. He saw my one day at Smith creek stuggling and gave me a few flies and showed me about a drag free drift. He saved me from a lot of stuggle. However, I am jelous that your lesson came on Dukes and mine on Smith. But anyways great fish and maybe we can get together and catch more up there.
Fishing is not a hobby,it's a lifestyle!!!
bow is offline   Reply With Quote