NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Beyond Georgia
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-08, 10:29 PM   #21
jamfreeze
Native

huntfish, your coming to ak during a good time to find some epic fishing, i am currently a driftboat guide on the kenai and the kasilof and guide wade fishermen on most streams around the kenai peninsula, feel free to pm me and i will be more than happy to fill you in on the best options for incredible fishing on the peninsula during early august
jamfreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-08, 07:19 AM   #22
huntfish
Hall of Fame Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamfreeze View Post
huntfish, your coming to ak during a good time to find some epic fishing, i am currently a driftboat guide on the kenai and the kasilof and guide wade fishermen on most streams around the kenai peninsula, feel free to pm me and i will be more than happy to fill you in on the best options for incredible fishing on the peninsula during early august
TTT for the original poster.
huntfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-08, 07:47 AM   #23
SuwaneeDawg
Native

Default Jamfreeze

Jamfreeze,

Can you change your account to allow for pm's? Thanks!
SuwaneeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-08, 09:24 PM   #24
jamfreeze
Native

how do u do that?
jamfreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-08, 09:49 PM   #25
SuwaneeDawg
Native

Default in your account...

Select edit options and check the box to receive emails from other members.
Old 07-29-08, 03:27 AM   #26
THE EG
CFO, HoF Member, Director

Post To Enable PMs

Click on "User CP" at top of messages.

At the left is "Your Control Panel". Go to the third group down named "Settings & Options". Click on "Edit Options". This will pull up a list of options. The second group down is "Messaging & Notification". The third group in there is "Private Messaging". Click on the first box labeled "Enable Private Messaging". Make sure you hit "Save Changes" at the bottom.

Nothing to it.

BTW: That new feature "Visitor Messages" is not private. Everybody can read it. I don't quite grasp the point of that. Might as well post to the message board.
THE EG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-08, 03:40 AM   #27
THE EG
CFO, HoF Member, Director

Cool Fifth Article Down

http://www.ajc.com/search/content/ne...25/nation.html

Can't go to Alaska without the requisite bear attack articles being sent to you before you go.

Love da bears. Just stay in groups and make noise.

Actually, if you have a chance drive up to that Princess Cruise Lines Lodge because it has a great view of the Kenai River. That little dot down on the river to the right is a drift boat.

The reason I looked all alone on the the Russian was because it was a weekday, we hiked up to the falls and fished down (most folks stay down near the mouth with the Kenai River) AND we didn't start fishing until about 6:30 PM. It doesn't get dark until about 11:00PM. Do what most NGTOers do, which is don't do what everybody else does. We fished early and late and did sightseeing during the day. Of course, don't let your fishing buddies hike out of sight around the bend like I did when fishmeister and Dave Finnigan disappeared up ahead of me. A real creepy feeling (can you say anxiety attack) stumbling up on the half eaten fish laying on the bank every few hundred yards.

Gwin's Lodge at Cooper's Landing is open 24/7 during the summer. Save dinner time until midnight with a halibut sandwich and an Alaskan Summer Ale.
http://www.alaskanbeer.com/main.html

It doesn't get any better.

Last edited by THE EG; 07-29-08 at 04:02 AM.
THE EG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-08, 10:29 AM   #28
SuwaneeDawg
Native

Default bear attacks...

I read about the bear attack in the Anchorage paper. I hope we see some while on the river but not to close to me. Hopefully their bellies will be full and they won't want me or my fish.
Old 07-31-08, 03:07 PM   #29
OldDawg
Native

I have stayed at the Princess Lodge. The restaurant and deck have a good view of the Kenai River valley. Is the teepee still across the river from the Lodge?
OldDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-08, 01:31 PM   #30
SuwaneeDawg
Native

Default back from AK

I just got back yesterday from Alaska and will post some pics of my fishing exploits in Seward and Cooper Landing. Thanks to all for their guidance!