NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > NGTO Fishing Forums > General Information
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-08, 07:44 PM   #21
Grizzz
Past President, Advisory Board, Hall of Fame Member

Send a message via AIM to Grizzz Send a message via Yahoo to Grizzz

I have just updated the list of donors and thank you very much. We are still short of the $1000 challenge mark and I hope some more of you will reach in and send a little to help support this worthy project. Come on members, I know we can reach the $1000 and hopefully even more.
Grizzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-08, 08:05 PM   #22
FlygURL
Past Director, Hall of Fame Member, Moderator

Thanks to NGTO for matching our donations!!
Old 09-13-08, 08:38 PM   #23
THE EG
CFO, HoF Member, Director

Thumbs up Covoluted

OK. A win-win-win-win.

I bought a TiCrX 5 wt, Ross Reel and 555 line at auction at the GA Women Flyfishers party back in February. GWFF wins.

When I heard about the Tom Landreth matching fund I decided to see what I could get for this setup and donate the money to the fund. While talking to Endless Enigma back at the Upper Hooch stream project I decided to sell it to him for what I paid for it so he could keep it or sell it for medical bills, whatever he wanted because of his good work with the Waters Creek project the last four years. He wins.

I handed the check for that amount over to Rabun TU in the name of the NGTO Tom Landreth Matching Fund last week. The Chattooga River fishers win.

Helping out in Tom Landreth's name. I win.
THE EG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-08, 10:47 AM   #24
Buck Henry
Former NGTO President, Sith Lord, FKA Bhuk Henri

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EG View Post
OK. A win-win-win-win.

I bought a TiCrX 5 wt, Ross Reel and 555 line at auction at the GA Women Flyfishers party back in February. GWFF wins.

When I heard about the Tom Landreth matching fund I decided to see what I could get for this setup and donate the money to the fund. While talking to Endless Enigma back at the Upper Hooch stream project I decided to sell it to him for what I paid for it so he could keep it or sell it for medical bills, whatever he wanted because of his good work with the Waters Creek project the last four years. He wins.

I handed the check for that amount over to Rabun TU in the name of the NGTO Tom Landreth Matching Fund last week. The Chattooga River fishers win.

Helping out in Tom Landreth's name. I win.
Way to go Bill! Nothing like a win-win-win-win, these do not happen very often!

I wonder what our grand total donation is for this effort? We had several contribute individually, we had the Fishnbub Fly Raffle, and now the EG rod combo donation. Add to that the matching funds from NGTO and I bet we have a very nice number to crow about. I am sure Grizzz will chime in with a grand total once he has talley everything up.

Way to go everyone, this was an awesome thing NGTO members stepped up to help with. All Georgia trout fisher folks will benefit from this for years to come.

Buck Henry
Simple Goat Herder
Former NGTO President
Hall of Fame Member
Buck Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-08, 02:31 PM   #25
The Ole Man
Past Director, Past CFO,

Remember--you have until the end of September to become a part of this memorial donation. Many of you may not have known Tom Landreth. Never was anyone more dedicated to the love of trout fishing in Ga than Tom was. Tom attended Ga Tech, was a Marine Corp Sargent 1950-1954 and had a career with 3M Co that took him to Wisconsin and Louisiana. Upon retiring and returning with his wife June to his native Ga at Rabun Gap, he had the time to hone his long held artistic skills and go fly fishing for trout. With no TU Chapter nearby at the time, he joined a TU Chapter across the border in South Carolina. The first time they mentioned that they were having a fundraiser, Tom said "hey, I have some art I can donate". Donate he did--from then on donating his artwork to numerous TU Chapters, Ga Women Fly Fishers and NGTO for fundraising auctions and raffles. I'm sure these donees would have been happy with a donation from Tom of one of his limited edition prints shrink wrapped on foamboard ---but that was not Tom Landreths style. When he donated, he donated his "best". Tom donated his prints fully framed, with double mats with a fly insert--top drawer. Really no way to know how many dollars these donations garnered over the years--but I'm sure it was substantial. Now, you have a chance to both honor Tom Landreth and ensure the continued stocking by helicopter of the Chattooga River in co-operation with the USFS. Donations of any amount are appreciated. Added together and matched by NGTO they can multiply fast.
The Ole Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-08, 10:09 PM   #26
Grizzz
Past President, Advisory Board, Hall of Fame Member

Send a message via AIM to Grizzz Send a message via Yahoo to Grizzz

OK, we have done a great job so far. But the month is not over. So far we have collected $1180 and NGTO will match the $1000. But as I said, the month is not over. So come on, lets get some more dollars coming in. Lets see if we can make it to $1500 donations from our members. I will make this challenge, if we get to the $1500 before the month is over, I will kick in another $100. So come on, make me spend my money.

Thanks to the following that have donated so far.

Clark Rodgers
Jack and Beth Tuttle
Jack and Jan Edwards
Jeff Fields
Joseph Sce
Charles and Doris Morris
Sam Alatar
David and Rebecca Hulsey
Steve and Renee Williams
George Schlaughenhoupt
Brent Langley
Milton Sams
Sonny Marshall
Bob Crawford/Crawford Plumbing
Bill Egeland
Jeff Durniak
Sam Thomas

And then I also want to thank the following who participated in the Memorial Fly Raffle

Brent Langley – Covington, GA
George Gillespie – Decatur, GA
William Vaughn – Dewy Rose, GA
Sam Alatar – Alpharetta, GA
Charles Morris – Statham, GA
Philip Alford – Alexander City, AL
Jack Edwards – Cartersville, GA
Henry Wolfe – Conyers, GA
Bret Nelson – Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Clark Rodgers – Kennesaw, GA
Anonymous

What members we have.
Grizzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-08, 10:32 PM   #27
Buck Henry
Former NGTO President, Sith Lord, FKA Bhuk Henri

Default Holy Cow!

That is an amazing amount of money raised so far, but I know the generous folks here on NGTO can squeeze out a little bit more. Folks, it does not have to be much to make a difference. If we can get just a few more folks to pitch in a few bucks each, we can make Jeff break out his check book to pitch in another hundred bones! Make him regret throwing down the gauntlet!

Thanks again to all who have contributed thus far, this was a very worthwhile project to support.

Buck Henry
Simple Goat Herder
Former NGTO President
Hall of Fame Member
Buck Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-08, 09:53 AM   #28
Windknot
Director, Hall of Fame Member, Secretary

Bump, bump!
Windknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-08, 09:21 PM   #29
The Ole Man
Past Director, Past CFO,

Thumbs up

Well--end of the month. The Challenge is drawing to a close. I'm sure a check mailed tomorrow would still be appreciated. Thanks to all that participated. I'm eager to see the final tally. With the NGTO match, it will be well over $2200. Great tribute to the memory of Tom Landreth.
The Ole Man is offline   Reply With Quote