NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > NGTO Sponsor Forums > The Fish Hawk
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-08, 11:06 AM   #1
Robert Lee
Hall of Fame Member

Default Good - bye to a good friend

Rob - again my condolences to the loss of Rocky. He will be greatly missed. He was a friend to many and loved by many. Heck, most of the time he was the only sane individual in the whole shop.

The shop wont be the same without him.

My best wishes and prayers extend to you, your wife and son.
Old 09-03-08, 11:22 AM   #2
SlowStreamer
NGTO IT Support Team, Past CIO, Hall of Fame Member

Sorry to hear about Rocky.

I stopped in real quick yesterday for some tying material and thought everyone was down just cause the AC didn't look like it was working.

My condolences and best wishes and prayers to everyone that will miss Rocky.
Old 09-03-08, 12:25 PM   #3
GonetoSeed
Hall of Fame Member

Sorry to hear about Rocky. I always looked forward to seeing him in the shop. Stopping to step over him made me also stop and think about what's really the good life.
GonetoSeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-08, 05:16 PM   #4
fishhawkrob
Native

Thanks for the kind words, folks. I've been off since we lost him. Today is my first day back at work and it is strange not to have him in the back seat of my car or lying around the shop. He was a special dog, the best, and I mourn the loss of such a great personality. -Rob
fishhawkrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-08, 03:00 PM   #5
huntfish
Hall of Fame Member

Sorry to hear about Rocky.....
huntfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-08, 09:24 AM   #6
PapaDoc
Native

Losing a good dog is traumatic. The only thing that got me through my many deaths of beloved dogs was remembering the good times and overflowing my heart with gratefulness for the time I had. That, and some tear.
Rocky was a special dog and you, Rob, are a great guy. You were both lucky to have been together. A toast to Rocky!
David
PapaDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-11, 04:38 PM   #7
blue spruce 77
Native

Question sentimental journey

too bad about rocky, i have a cat,,lightnin,, that will be 16 in the fall, when the woman here was in the hospital with terrible pneumonia, lightnin would sleep with me on the floor, so faithful, like she knew somethin was wrong, of course a cat can also reflect an attitude of not caring, but some of them are wonderful, faithful, an in cold weather, loves to sleep in my lap, shes my youngun allmost, i think i have a daughter,an grandkids in tennessee, i think, families aint families no more , like they used to be, but a good animal can be like your kid, best friend and all thats good,,isse d:
blue spruce 77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-11, 06:06 AM   #8
allenww
Native

Default Dogs

I never have figured out why God allows the lifetime disparity between humans and dogs. If I get up there, I am going to ask.

My only solution, not 100%, but the best I have found, is another.

wa
allenww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-11, 11:45 AM   #9
revwayne
Native

Default Rocky

Rob I am sorry about Rocky he was always there...it's hard to imagine the Fish Hawk without him. One of the preschoolers asked me one day, "Pastor did you know tha dog spelled backwards is God?" Each dog brings another experience of God's love through animal companionship - I have no doubt of that. Dogs don't care where we work, what we do, how much money we make or our outward appearance - they love us unconditionally and are glad to see us every time we come home. We can learn lots from our dogs.
revwayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-11, 12:14 PM   #10
knot trying
Native

Unhappy Condolences

Dog is love