NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Gear Talk > Gear and Equipment
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-09, 11:16 AM   #21
wmwalker
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windknot View Post
Made me remember the Hardy redhead.
Me to What ever happen to her?
Old 06-09-09, 06:48 AM   #22
Counslrman
Hall of Fame Member

Buck is absolutely correct. And used a particularly good example, I might add.
For some reason, it reminded me of the "Menagerie" episode where Spock tricked the Federation Court into asking him "why..." and was thereby allowed to take the whole bunch assembled to the planet where Captain Christopher Pike got trapped in that Kenmore washer contraption he had to ride around in.
Or Paul, arrested on his way to Rome and his captors saying "we're going to try you here..." and him evoking his right as a Roman (he was 1/2) and them not having any choice BUT to take him to Rome.
You simply have to return serve with a literary lob of some sort. Put the ball back into her court, so to speak. "Honey, whatever makes you imagine that anyone with normal vision could view your posterior as being big? And remember, darling, they're all just jealous. "
As for Mark's post, I believe the gal in the "thigh" waders is fishing for horny heads.

Tight lines!
Jimmy
Counslrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-09, 09:49 AM   #23
cucarachafly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counslrman View Post
I believe the gal in the "thigh" waders is fishing for horny heads.
Tight lines!
Jimmy
Thanks a lot, Jimmy! It took me 20 minutes to clean all the coffee off my screen and keyboard from laughing so hard.

Those with an Iphone, zoom in real close and tell me if that isn't an Oyster bamboo she's using.
Old 06-09-09, 10:28 AM   #24
Counslrman
Hall of Fame Member

TroutDog,
I know how to fix this. Next time you and the wife head to the store together or maybe out to a meal, slip in a CD of Sir Mix-A-Lot's "Baby Got Back". I am certain she won't have any qualms about how the waders look after hearing that.
Thanks, Jeff. How are ya'll doing? Adam (my eldest) graduated from Covenant College in Lookout Mountain about 3 weeks ago. He now has a degree in "English" and is teaching at Georgia Military College. I, after congratulating him following the ceremony, asked him (in the presence of his major professor) if he was planning on setting up a kiosk or booth at our local mall advertising "English...best prices!"
T-Dog, be sure you roll down the windows and blast it when you try my suggestion.
Tight lines!
Jimmy

Old 06-09-09, 12:54 PM   #25
Riverpirate
Native

Tell her she should feel good that you could even find some to fit her. My wife has to wade in a pool liner.
Riverpirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-09, 09:12 AM   #26
Counslrman
Hall of Fame Member

TroutDog,
I don't know what kind of waders you bought, however if she hasn't worn them fishing yet, you may be able to return them. There sre some Patagonias on sale on this link, as well as some men's waders that are on closeout.

http://www.wyomingflyfishing.com/Fly...-P930C175.aspx

Good luck, in all seriousness, and

Tight lines!
Jimmy

Last edited by Counslrman; 06-11-09 at 06:05 AM.
Old 06-10-09, 12:04 PM   #27
JOHNKIES
Hall of Fame Member

Wink A Modest Rebuttal

Someone said "no woman looks good in waders". Not necessarily true. At one of the annual banquets of the now-dormant Chattahoochee Chapter of TU, there was a young lady working the floor selling raffle tickets wearing a pair of the old neoprene waders. Did I mention that they fit her like a coat of Kem-Tone and that she had the configuration of a Playboy Bunny? And that the waders were her only garment?

Man, she looked great in waders!

---JCK--- (yes, I AM a dirty old man)
JOHNKIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-09, 09:29 AM   #28
TroutDog
Native

Well the simulation continues but I think things are going her way. We finally got them wet yesterday at BI and when that water hit I noted they would possibly shrink a bit .. an untruth. As luck would have our neighbor also went out with her new waders which they have been discussing for weeks in between getting their hair/nails done. Well she hit upper BI kinda hard which was crowded and that bank fisher with the halter top didn't help either. After several line twists and overcasts she started to get serious. What really sealed this deal was she caught 3 girthy browns and 2 smaller. She was elated .. her first trout ever.

It was great to have her on the water with us and I made sure she got to the holes okay .. even carried all her equipment at the days end. She finished second in counts for the day, first in wieght and I last with one small brown which she sighted.

No further mention about the waders other than they worked good, the color matched her cap, and her boots made her feel confident.

Now she wants a fly rod setup .. what a wonderful day and you know what she looked great reelin them in grinnin from ear to ear. I may be safe .. I think for now. Good advice NGTO.

Trout Dog

TroutDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-09, 10:31 AM   #29
sageboy
Hall of Fame Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnpreacher View Post
How many of you noticed she was fishing a bamboo rod?

And what IS holding them up?

How many of you noticed she was fishing??
sageboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-09, 04:37 PM   #30
bayview
Native

Hey, how did you get pictures of my wife?

Tell her "it is not what is on the outside, it is what looks good on the inside of the waders. I can't even get the bride to think about waders, much less try anymore fly fishing. It is a slow process. She says she will look forward to fly fishing with me when we get older and the kids are in college. Not too far now.
bayview is offline   Reply With Quote