NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > NGTO Sponsor Forums > The Fish Hawk
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-09, 12:23 PM   #1
PPuckett
Native

Default James Buice's New Book

Hey Folks!
James new book made it into the shop last week, and we are already sold out. It is a great pics, plenty of cool photos and great maps. It is a great source to find new info if you are regular on our waters or a true beginner. We will be getting a new crop of books mid week this week, so come by and check them out!
PP
The Fish Hawk
PPuckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-09, 12:00 PM   #2
mlewis
Hall of Fame Member Formerly Known as lewdogg

I picked up the book last week, and I just finished the first few chapters while sitting at the airport yesterday. I am amazed by the detail contained in the book.

It is a very nice book, on quality paper with a bunch of neat pictures and useful explanations and maps. I think it is the most in-depth book I have read on several of the rivers.

I would highly recommend this book to anyone who fishes for trout around here!
mlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-09, 10:19 AM   #3
EJ_D_09
Native

I was browsing the fishing rack at Borders in Buckhead and saw the book. After reading through a few of the different sections i picked it up. It really is a great resource, and for a beginner fly fisher like me it has great reccomendations around fly choices, river access, and what to expect in each section. Wish i had known it was available at the Fishhawk but i am glad i got it anyway. Most of my fishing is done on the Hooch due to time constraints but when i take a few vacation days i will definately branch out and follow the advice in the book.

Ed
EJ_D_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-11, 11:44 PM   #4
NickJC
Native

Default Buice's Book

My friend and I are constantly refrencing and checking information regarding hatches and fishing locations. This book has not let us down. The amount of detail given to not only the main rivers and streams located in the GA but the head waters and tailwaters is phenominal. And I have only used the book in GA! I plan on return to the southeast to fish the plethera of rivers here and I will definately have Mr. Buice's book with me. It was a phenominal purchase from the experts at the Fish Hawk. It got me my first Brookie and Brown Trout.
Old 07-06-11, 09:17 AM   #5
Dell Neighbours
Native

Mr. Buice...that make me chuckle...
Dell Neighbours is offline   Reply With Quote