NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > NGTO Fishing Forums > Ask the Experts
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-10, 07:47 PM   #1
conner j
Native

Default Hickory Log Creek Reservoir

Anyone know if the lake is full or has been stocked with fish? I worked on the dam some back when they were building it and I couldn't help but wonder what fish would end up calling the reservoir home? Anyone know?
conner j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-10, 07:25 PM   #2
YourFlysDown
Stocker

I work in the canton area and pass by the lake a few times a week. If you haven't seen it in awhile you will be very surprised at how quickly it has came up (or not considering all of the rain we have had). It still has a long way to go to reach full pool. When it does it will be a very deep lake! As far as stocking Ill try to have a answer for you tomorrow. Thats something Ive been wondering myself. Got a easy day at work tomorrow so Ill see what I can find out and let you know.
YourFlysDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-10, 12:15 PM   #3
conner j
Native

Hey did you ever find out? Anyone know anything about the lake?
conner j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-10, 10:47 PM   #4
finfeatherandfur
Stocker

I live in the neighborhood adjoining the lake - Great Sky. The lake is at most 5 feet from full pool. I have not heard any news about stocking the lake yet. There was a coupe acre pond that was near the church and dam area prior to lake construction. It had bass, crappie, and some shellfish. The creek also had some small fish, but not nearly enough that people would find the fishing to be worthwhile until it is stocked. I have heard rumor of a guy using live bait and catching bass, but I have not witnessed it.
finfeatherandfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-10, 08:23 AM   #5
Brewski
Stocker

I live close by too. My buddy and I spent nearly an hour last night trying to find the most convenient put-in for our kayaks. We finally found what appears to be be best option (which I would not describe as 'convenient'), but by then the sun was setting. We're planning on going back Friday, and I'll report back how the fishing was.

Also, I'd love to hear if anyone else has any insight on access (I have several friends that live in Great Sky, and none can figure out convenient access to launch a kayak or canoe from within Great Sky).
Brewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-13, 07:41 PM   #6
Jakkbauer
Native

Default before I make a new thread...

Hate to bring up a dead thread but this is relevant to my interests :P

I live right by Hickory Log Creek reservoir and am looking to figure out my best bets there or also see if anyone else in the area wants to swap info to go fishing often. So far I have caught lm bass, bream, and crappie. Im pretty sure thats about all that is in there. Using everything from my fly rod to my spinning rod. If you know of this place let me know, feel free to PM.

Oh might as well update since it looks like there is no info on the status... Its totally accessible now via a boat ramp and fishing is allowed and all of that good stuff.
Jakkbauer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-13, 09:45 PM   #7
countrybuckaroo
Native

Here is a story from the Canton newspaper three months ago. http://www.ledgernews.com/news/top_s....html?mode=jqm

Kurt
countrybuckaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-13, 12:29 AM   #8
Jakkbauer
Native

Thanks man. Yea I've googled it mostly what comes up is stuff about the opening and an unfortunate drowning =/

Looking to see what's been up since then. From what I can tell going out on my kickboat and using Google Earth there's alot of tall sunken trees along what looks like it used to be a roadway that's now underwater and that's where I've been making my money so far. Wondering if anybody else on the board fishes it and knows more or wants to fish it sometime.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-23-13, 11:01 AM   #9
Stinkbait
Native

Jak,

Do you know if you can have an outboard on the boat if you don't use it?
Stinkbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-13, 03:13 AM   #10
Jakkbauer
Native

I'm not sure I don't think I've seen any but I will try to ask next time I see someone who might know. I've only seen cops no DNR.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2