NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Chattahoochee River
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-17, 07:15 PM   #1
vancheesey
Native

Default jones bridge 03/21

hit JB again today from about 0930 to 1130... water low and clear, only one other person out... waded out to my usual spots, saw some weird stuff... large groups of suckers running around, in groups of 5-10, hanging out in the shallow water and then rushing about, even breaking the surface several times, drove the resident heron crazy, he couldnt get any... everything i hooked into i lost... up in the pool above the shoals i saw lots of trout ripping about, also several coming out of the water but not feeding, more like panic swimming like something bigger was chasing it... couldnt get anything in the pool to hit, not the giant suckers i could see swimming or the trout... wind was strong and warm, everything just felt...weird...sorry, i dont have any better descriptors...i fish JB a lot, and today was just strange...
vancheesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-17, 10:27 PM   #2
ChaChung
Native

Kinda creepy...Maybe the change in weather was too extreme... 80 degrees today...

Some days I'm the hook and some days I'm the fish.

Instagram @charles_the_toothsmith
ChaChung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-17, 11:41 AM   #3
mbailey729
Native

It's been off the last 3-4 weeks in my opinion. I will be hitting JB again this afternoon and hoping the fishing will start to heat up
mbailey729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-17, 02:25 PM   #4
browniez
NGTO Hall of Fame

Location: Chidspain Run, Delooth (Wells Fargo Call Center Interpretation)

Usually if there are smaller trout jumping and running, that means a big trout is trying to eat them.

I've caught several very nice browns casting to the spot where I just saw a 5 to 9 inch trout jump.

Suckers are spawning right now I do believe. Suckers spawn fly could put some good ones in your net.

It's hunting, not fishing.

Follow me on instagram @alexgreenfishing
browniez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-17, 03:32 PM   #5
vancheesey
Native

this whole "work" thing is seriously getting out of hand and ruining my fishing time...
vancheesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-17, 05:07 PM   #6
browniez
NGTO Hall of Fame

Location: Chidspain Run, Delooth (Wells Fargo Call Center Interpretation)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancheesey View Post
this whole "work" thing is seriously getting out of hand and ruining my fishing time...
You ain't kidding.

It's hunting, not fishing.

Follow me on instagram @alexgreenfishing
browniez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-17, 11:24 PM   #7
GoutUnlimited
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaChung View Post
Kinda creepy...Maybe the change in weather was too extreme... 80 degrees today...
I think it's more barometric, but I am no ken cook.
Quote:
Originally Posted by browniez View Post
Usually if there are smaller trout jumping and running, that means a big trout is trying to eat them.

I've caught several very nice browns casting to the spot where I just saw a 5 to 9 inch trout jump.

Suckers are spawning right now I do believe. Suckers spawn fly could put some good ones in your net.
I do declare you are correct Alex about the spawn. JB has epic sucker spawns, a little early for this year. I give it two more weeks tops. Looking forward to your clinic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancheesey View Post
Do what I did...quit you job and find a better one closer to the reever.
Old 03-24-17, 08:57 AM   #8
StayFly
Stocker

I was able to hit up JB for a couple of hours yesterday after work. Really windy at times which made for difficult casting. I worked the left side of the island downstream of the rapids with no luck. Finally decided to move to the upstream pool and "caught" one rainbow on a BH soft hackle. I say "caught" because I had him at my feet but got my dang net tangle in my wader straps and he spit the hook. Think I need to invest in a magnetic release.
StayFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-17, 10:25 AM   #9
gau16
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayFly View Post
I was able to hit up JB for a couple of hours yesterday after work. Really windy at times which made for difficult casting. I worked the left side of the island downstream of the rapids with no luck. Finally decided to move to the upstream pool and "caught" one rainbow on a BH soft hackle. I say "caught" because I had him at my feet but got my dang net tangle in my wader straps and he spit the hook. Think I need to invest in a magnetic release.
I can say the magnetic release takes all the fuss out of netting. Love it.

Was also at JB yesterday. In the morning. Hooked 3, 2 LDR, 1 Landed. Real fresh stocker by the looks of it having half of a tail... Decent size, however.

Wind was brutal at times but wasn't constant. Low, slow and crystal clear is my excuse for yesterday. And wind didn't help me.

gau16 is offline   Reply With Quote