NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > NGTO Sponsor Forums > Caylor Custom Flies
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-11, 05:01 PM   #1
scallen2112
Hall of Fame Member

Default First Caylor Order

On Tuesday afternoon, I made an order with Caylor Custom Flies. the transaction went through without a hitch, and within minutes I had an order confirmation in my e-mail.

Wednesday morning - another e-mail. My flies had shipped. Plain old first class postage from NC, and I just pulled them out of the mailbox.

The flies came double packaged - two small boxes inside a larger one. One box contained my 3 #14 Olive Scuds and 3 #16 Lightning Bugs. Close inspection with a magnifying glass makes me believe they are very well tied and should hold up well.

The second box contained my 6 # 16 Pheasant Tails. (Yes, Dredger, I loaded up on some for next time.) Again, these are really good looking flies. (An important point for me is that there is no glue in the eyes - something that drives me crazy with factory flies.)

Also in the second box were two flies which I did NOT order. They appear to be two #16 Helgramites, and I really like the look of these two flies. I've tried to take a picture, but my only camera is just not made for closeups of tiny objects.

This was a pleasant surprise, and i look forward to trying them out. To top it off, the order summary contained a handwritten not thanking me for the order and signed by Rodger, which was a nice touch.
scallen2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-11, 05:11 PM   #2
gonefishn
Hall of Fame Member

That's good to know. In looking over his site there seems to be a nice selection of flies at very reasonable prices.

"Everyone ought to believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."
gonefishn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-11, 05:20 PM   #3
scallen2112
Hall of Fame Member

Oops...an amendment here. While putting them in the box, I noticed that the Scuds were also size 16 - the same hook as the Pheasant Tails - and I had ordered size 14 for the scuds, which is what it says on the order slip. Oh well. I can't be too mad about a one size error - especially considering the very good price and the two extras to try out. I'll be ordering again. Glad they became a sponsor.
scallen2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-11, 05:37 PM   #4
pbertell
Native

Great company with good service and great flies. They are very good quality and service was great.
pbertell is offline   Reply With Quote