NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > N. Georgia Small Streams--Trout Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-11, 08:26 AM   #1
benvan
Native

Default Runnin and Gunnin!....

Met Jakal and his girl with my wife in tow before a little after sun up Sunday. Plan was to hit a small stream with the girls and then tail it to a well stocked area where they could have a better time. Got on the water and my wife heather hooked up immediately. Then again and again and it seemed to be the story of the day. I was throwing a large foam beetle with a hotspot frenchie dropper. Caught almost all fish on the beetle! Landed around 7-8 before calling it a day on that lil crick! This small stream has an abundance of wild fish, and they hold in some super tight spots! Beautiful fish though and pics to come.

Arrived downtown and practiced comp style fishing while the girls just wanted to hook into some fish. I landed a few here and there, and so did Heather, Jakal ended up putting the smack down in one area for a while though! We then got a call back from one of the team guys and we headed over to a well known old private trophy water section on Blood Mountain! Didn't have too long to fish but we put the hurtin on some fish in one hole for a while using euro leaders and tungsten comp flies. It was time to leave then, and we all parted ways, I detoured and went into the Chestatee with my wife for another two hours where she managed another 7-8 fish. I didn't fish I was just her rutherford....

Pics to come soon.

www.thegeorgiafly.com

Benjamin VanDevender, ACI (Adaptive Fly Fishing Casting Instructor/TAG (Therapeutic Adaptive Guide)

benvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-11, 10:24 AM   #2
RScott
Ex-President, Victim of the Cajun Rebellion

Quote:
Originally Posted by benvan View Post
............. I didn't fish I was just her rutherford....

Pics to come soon.

That is true even when you aren't near a body of water.....

Support the Mission Statement - buy the TU License Plate!

RScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-11, 10:54 AM   #3
Jakal03
Native, Official Taunter of UGA

Quote:
We then got a call back from one of the team guys and we headed over to a well known old private trophy water section on Blood Mountain! Didn't have too long to fish but we put the hurtin on some fish in one hole for a while using euro leaders and tungsten comp flies.
I thought we were at some Gucci Wine Tasting Lodge

Quote:
Got on the water and my wife heather hooked up immediately. Then again and again and it seemed to be the story of the day.

went into the Chestatee with my wife for another two hours where she managed another 7-8 fish. I didn't fish I was just her rutherford....
Heather pays $10 for her copy of the Drake!

Great time out there yesterday!!! Small stream fishing, Larger stocked river, and trophy waters all in the same day!!!! As we pulled up to the small stream, my girlfriend looks at me and says..."I don't have a good feeling about this" (she has only fished the Chattahoochee DH before) . She managed to stay out of the trees and got into fish before I did. She ended the day with around 7 fish or so. I ended the day with somewhere around 15 fish to hand with many others lost. Fished a dry dropper on the small water and most fish came on the dry. I'll put up some pics of the wild fish later on. By the time we got to fishing the other places, I had forgot I had my camera on me. I am the worst when it come to remembering to take pictures . Great day spent all over North Ga.
By reading the above post the reader hereby acknowledges and agrees that the Post may contain errors, omissions, sarcasm and humor (both attempted and actual) or other contents which might upset a Reader. If Reader has a problem with this then Reader shouldnít read the Post or take it seriously. If Reader fails to refrain from reading or taking the Post seriously as mentioned above, then it is the Readerís own fault and I donít want to hear about it.
Jakal03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-11, 11:38 AM   #4
benvan
Native

Default wine tasting lodge...

I thought we were at some Gucci Wine Tasting Lodge

You mean we weren't?

It was a great time...and we really were all over NGA...

www.thegeorgiafly.com

Benjamin VanDevender, ACI (Adaptive Fly Fishing Casting Instructor/TAG (Therapeutic Adaptive Guide)

benvan is offline   Reply With Quote