NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Other NGTO Forums > Food & Cooking
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-14, 09:40 PM   #201
allycat
Native

You know I ain't watchin' that.
Old 09-25-14, 09:47 PM   #202
Remoh
Hall of Fame Member, Official Ambassador to the State of Alabama, Iron Skillet Award Recipient, and cruiser of the western Caribbean

You Big Sissy. I know you cover your face with your hands but you peak through your fingers.
Remoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-14, 10:13 PM   #203
allycat
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remoh View Post
You Big Sissy. I know you cover your face with your hands but you peak through your fingers.
Oh yeah? Well........go make me a sammich!
Old 09-25-14, 10:22 PM   #204
Remoh
Hall of Fame Member, Official Ambassador to the State of Alabama, Iron Skillet Award Recipient, and cruiser of the western Caribbean

This is a BLT I made for you. I'll leave the light on.
Old 09-25-14, 10:28 PM   #205
allycat
Native

That better be Wright Brand bacon.
Old 09-25-14, 10:31 PM   #206
Remoh

Nothing but Wright Bacon and Conecuh County sausage. I like many kinds of sausage. I'm not sure if Bif Pocaroba is still in business. Former Braves player. Any body Know? I think he was in Lilburn. Good stuff.

Last edited by Remoh; 09-25-14 at 10:47 PM.
Old 09-26-14, 12:04 AM   #207
Trouter23
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by allycat View Post
OK, I'll never be able to catch up but I'll post a couple of my recent cooks.

Dude. What are you trying to do?! You come in here all brand new and stuff and lay out all these INCREDIBLE food pictures all at once like somebody bluffing their way to a royal flush - all hush hush and then, BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM! Are you trying to shoot directly to the top as the most awesome food poster on the board with these ridiculously mouth-watering scratch-made food pics? If so, well, mission accomplished! Great dang job on the food and the photography.

So, I'm going to take a wag at what everything is.

1. Apple pie with scratch-made bottom and top crusts
2. Apple pie with vanilla bean ice cream
3. Thin-crust (looks a little thicker than Neopolitan, but it might be - hard to tell with the uncut pizza) pizza with scallops, shredded mozzarella, probably some other kind of cheese (Parmigiano Reggiano perhaps), tomatoes, bacon, and spinach
4. Seafood crostino with shrimp, cheddar, cream cheese, mayonnaise, fresh parsley, Old Bay, and maybe bread crumbs
5. Seafood crostino with andouille or bratwurst
6. A. Cheddar bacon slider, B. Bleu cheese onion ring slider, C. Mushroom and swiss slider; all with scratch-made onion rings (that look very well done by the way)
7. Classic beef stew
Old 09-26-14, 12:26 AM   #208
Remoh

The girl is the master T23. She has a crawfish recipe to die for. She does most of this stuff on the grill outside, Notice the grill grates. The queen of lump charcoal. To our newer members, If a man cannot cook something on the grill he is a sissy. Send alleycat a message and she can guide you out of sisssyville.

Last edited by Remoh; 09-26-14 at 01:19 AM.
Old 09-26-14, 08:22 AM   #209
allycat
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouter23 View Post
Dude. What are you trying to do?! You come in here all brand new and stuff and lay out all these INCREDIBLE food pictures all at once like somebody bluffing their way to a royal flush - all hush hush and then, BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM! Are you trying to shoot directly to the top as the most awesome food poster on the board with these ridiculously mouth-watering scratch-made food pics? If so, well, mission accomplished! Great dang job on the food and the photography.

So, I'm going to take a wag at what everything is.

1. Apple pie with scratch-made bottom and top crusts
2. Apple pie with vanilla bean ice cream
3. Thin-crust (looks a little thicker than Neopolitan, but it might be - hard to tell with the uncut pizza) pizza with scallops, shredded mozzarella, probably some other kind of cheese (Parmigiano Reggiano perhaps), tomatoes, bacon, and spinach
4. Seafood crostino with shrimp, cheddar, cream cheese, mayonnaise, fresh parsley, Old Bay, and maybe bread crumbs
5. Seafood crostino with andouille or bratwurst
6. A. Cheddar bacon slider, B. Bleu cheese onion ring slider, C. Mushroom and swiss slider; all with scratch-made onion rings (that look very well done by the way)
7. Classic beef stew
Dude? Oh, you probably got that from my profile pic. It's just a testosterone problem. Once you get past all the hair and the fact that I look like I should be in prison and on the arm of some guy named Taterhead, you'll find I'm actually a hot mama.

Now, on to the food.
1. Yes sir
2. Ditto
3. Close- It is a thinner crust but it's not scallops. Lobster with fontina cheese and white cheddar. Also no tomatoes.
4. Close again- Crawfish bread. No cream cheese but all the other ingredients plus butter.
5.Yes- Andouille
6. Jackpot
7. Looks like beef stew. Those are short ribs and I just threw on the veggies that they cooked with.

Everything was done on the grill except for the onion rings. That would be a sin. Onion rings have to be deep fried.

All in all, I give you an 8 for effort. Nicely done!
Old 09-26-14, 08:53 AM   #210
Counslrman
Hall of Fame Member

...Amanda,

...real Andouille has blood...are you using fresh pork blood...??

Blessings!

Jimmy
Counslrman is online now   Reply With Quote