NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > NGTO Sponsor Forums > The Fish Hawk
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-12, 11:02 AM   #1
caleb7mm
Native

Default first visit

A large selection of gear and a great group of guys! I will return for sure. Not to mention a nice conversation with a gentleman about my other favorite hobby of traditional archery.

Thanks again guys, you have a new customer here for sure.

Caleb
caleb7mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-12, 08:33 PM   #2
Drifter
Former Director, HOF

I've been a customer for 31 years....there is no telling how much cheese I've dropped in there.

The contents of this message might be totally inaccurate, misguided or otherwise perverse. If you are stupid enough to follow any of the tips listed here and mess up yourself or your equipment, I am absolved of all responsibility. The information contained herein is based on my personal experience and by no means constitutes the correct way to do it. Your mileage may vary.

Follow me on Instagram
Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-12, 12:14 PM   #3
arctic charles
Native

I think I'm going on 33 or 34 years myself; Gary, Bobby and the guys have been great to me over the years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
I've been a customer for 31 years....there is no telling how much cheese I've dropped in there.
arctic charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-12, 10:20 PM   #4
Nick_Adams
Native

we're fortunate to have fish hawk in town. i used to buy some stuff mail order or from other retail outlets, but no more. the prices are comparable at fish hawk and you can't beat their service any where else in town or online/phone.
Nick_Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-12, 11:26 PM   #5
The Ole Man
Past Director, Past CFO,

Made my first trek to the Hawk in 1978---34 years ago. It might have been the only flyshop in Ga at the time.There was a gun shop next door--Chucks Gun Room I think.
The Ole Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-12, 04:59 PM   #6
two feathers
Native

was born and raised right out of Atlanta probably before fishhawk opened. I'd like to visit sometime if somebody would be kind enuff to tell me where it is located.
two feathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-12, 05:23 PM   #7
Swamp Angel
President

Chuck's Firearms is still next door. As fer the Fish Hawk, I love them fellers immensely! It maht look all uppity an' all, but the fellers runnin' that place are good as gold (and purple)!

I dig through the fly bins pretty seriously when I go fer a visit, an' they're always ready to offer helpful advise which really does pay off in catch rate fer me later.

On a side note, if'n yer goin' fer them warm water fishes with the linear arrangement of lines on their sides, may I suggest stoppin' in an' seein' if'n they have enny more of those big ol' versions of FM's "eFlyz" in the fly bin! (Seems as though one of our own has done created quite a successful little strippin'-fly!)
If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.
Swamp Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-12, 01:38 PM   #8
zug buggin
Native

I first shopped the Fish Hawk in 1985 when my buddy and I decided that spin fishing for trout was too easy, so we went to the only fly shop we knew of and bought a Cortland combo and started fly fishing ( to give the trout a chance) BOY have we both been humbled since those days. It was Gary, Bob, and ole Sarge and that dang Marlin was as big as the shop. Good times and great talks had in that shop.

The fisherman now is one who defies society, who rips lips, who drains the pool, who takes no prisoners, who is not to be confused with the sissy with the creel and bamboo rod. Granted, he releases what he catches, but in some cases, he strips the quarry of its perilous soul before tossing it back in the water. What was once a trout – cold, hard, spotted and beautiful – becomes “number seven.”
Tom McGuane
zug buggin is offline   Reply With Quote