NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > NGTO Sponsor Forums > Cohutta Fishing Company
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-12, 09:55 PM   #1
SlowStreamer
NGTO IT Support Team, Past CIO, Hall of Fame Member

Default Cohutta has Glow in the Dark Kayak

I knew that would get your attention.

Main reason for this post was for me to give a shot out to Andy, Garner and Brandon for exceptional customer service.

Just wait I'll get to the GLOW In the Dark Kayak in a minute.

Approx a week ago I fished with Groundpounder from a kayak ...yeah GP it's all your fault. Thanks ! for all your help and advice. I was hooked on how easily he could fish standing up from his Jackson Coosa.

I started looking around and even found a 2011 Coosa on Craiglist, but even after sending email and calling I received no response.

While out on the Jackson Kayak site I noticed that Cohutta Fishing Company (NGTO Sponsor) was an Authorized dealer for Jackson. I gave them a call last Friday and had a great talk with Andy. I thought I might be holding Andy up with all my questions, but he kept coming back asking me if I had a moment to talk longer and while he checked on things for me. Long story short, what I wanted to use a kayak for majority of the time, put in paddle up fish down or fish down and paddle back to the ramp. Andy felt the Cuda would be a better fit for me. Then he informed me that Jackson was now shipping the 12' Cuda that would be perfect for rivers and lakes and would track much better then the Coosa.

Andy checked on a few things and told me that the color I wanted and size would be coming in this week . I usually never move this impulsively, especially on the most expensive single item I have bought since I started Fly Fishing. Andy just kept sweetening the deal, he told me that anyone that buys a boat from him gets 10% on the cost of the boat to use for merchandise in the store. Sweet cause I needed a paddle. Andy asked me my height and told me that I would need a 240 paddle. He checked and indicated he did not have a new 240 in the shop but would give me their demo 240...again . SOLD !!!

I placed my order for a Jackson Cuda 12 in Desert Camo. It was supposed to arrive today and I was going to pick it up tomorrow. But I got a call from Brandon, that they had made the trip up to Tenn. yesterday and my kayak was in. I juggled my schedule and headed out to Cohutta.

My 1st time to the new store

My Cuda 12 all wrapped up and waiting for me

While talking to Garner about some of the different color schemes Jackson is putting out like Limon, he said I needed to check out the Glow in the Dark Cuda. You won't find that option on Jackson Site. The kayak is made of Glow in the Dark material. Who needs a dock light.

So, what did I do with the 10%, well I've been looking at the 10' 4wt BVKs. They did not have one in the store, but one will be drop shipped to me sometime next week

I needed to get out Garner and Brandon were just too hospitable

They helped me load up

Glad the Jackson Kayaks come with a long Haul Red Flag

Had to make a stop at West Marine to pick up hardware to rig for an anchor and then I was home. Here is my new Cuda 12 unpacked and ready to get wet...hopefully soon.

Again I want to say Thank You to Andy, Brandon and Garner for some Great Customer Service. You took the time to make sure I was fully informed about my options and your warm hospitality made me feel at easy about my purchase. My only regret is I did not get to meet Andy.

I guess I may just have to make a trip back to Cohutta Fishing Company soon

P.S. A personal Shout out goes to my Wife who backed and encouraged me on my decision, even when I had second thoughts.

Last edited by SlowStreamer; 10-02-12 at 10:12 PM.
SlowStreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-12, 10:16 PM   #2
Wet Fly
Hall of Fame Member

Congratulations on the new vessel, SS. She is a beaut. But I thought you were getting a two man boat, so I could tag along. I see how it is .

Man, I have been hooked on kayak fishing ever since that outing with GP, but just can't seem to get everything together for the purchase. I know you've been on the lookout too, so I am glad you finally got one. Just think of all the new water you'll be to explore now, whoo weeee. You will be missed up by the dam for sure. And thanks for sharing your buying experience with Cohutta, that is priceless.

There's nought as queer as folk.

"From the end of May to the end of August, a drizzling or thoroughly wet day is the best; next to which is a showery one, and then a bright day with a breeze of wind; a dark day without wind is the worst of all." W.C. Stewart
Wet Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-12, 10:19 PM   #3
Gatorbyte
Ex El Presidente Supremo, Happy Cowboy Sunshine Boy (currently in exile on Elba)

Send a message via AIM to Gatorbyte

I'm so jealous.

ad illudendum , et in sibilum

"Laughter is my drug of choice"
- B. Nelson, HSD, AA, BS, MS, LPC, LMHC, NCC, FFF CCI, ACI, PADI AD, OPP, OCD, ADHD, ODD, PIB, MIB, PBR, PB & J, General Manager of the World, Fluent in Sarcasm

TBoy to GB: "An education doesn't fix stupid, you're living proof of that "

"You're an Idiot" - RScott

I Beat Tommy King in a Spelling Bee.

"I can’t be nobody but the Gatorbyte. Yes, I like talking about myself in the third person. Something tells me deep down inside you like it too. I'm YUGE!" - Bret "Gatorbyte" Nelson
Gatorbyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-12, 10:22 PM   #4
BrianD
Native

Thumbs up Andy and his crew are top notch!

I was up to their new location on Saturday morning. Saw the sweet yak setup in the window!!

That shop and the staff are fantastic!!!!

Congrats on the new ride.....enjoy!!!!
Old 10-02-12, 10:23 PM   #5
SlowStreamer
NGTO IT Support Team, Past CIO, Hall of Fame Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet Fly View Post
Congratulations on the new vessel, SS. She is a beaut. But I thought you were getting a two man boat, so I could tag along. I see how it is .

Man, I have been hooked on kayak fishing ever since that outing with GP, but just can't seem to get everything together for the purchase. I know you've been on the lookout too, so I am glad you finally got one. Just think of all the new water you'll be to explore now, whoo weeee. You will be missed up by the dam for sure. And thanks for sharing your buying experience with Cohutta, that is priceless.

Thanks WF. Funny you should mention 2 seaters. Garner was talking about how great the fishing experience is out of a Jackson Tuna. It almost had me thinking about it for wife, daughter or you .... but them I would need a trailer to haul all the kayaks around in. It was time for me to leave before I got myself in trouble.
Old 10-02-12, 10:47 PM   #6
groundpounder
Hall of Fame Member, Former Director

Awesome!!! See ya Friday
groundpounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-12, 11:00 PM   #7
Xristos
Native

Killer yak
Old 10-02-12, 11:31 PM   #8
trentsize
Native

I got a chance to take pictures of the first production Cuda 12 at our tournament this weekend. I see that didn't last too long, now that all the outfitters are getting their shipments in!

BTW, you should all check out my dad's group, Southern Kayak Anglers. It's a kayak only bass fishing series with events all around Georgia. The season is over this year, but next year is looking to be big; we could be giving away kayaks for every event and we have plenty of new sponsors, including Jackson.

Here's one of the Jackson kayak fishing pro staff members, Stewart on the new Cuda 12 on Lake Chatuge. He had a new color called that I think was called "limon"

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...63803465_n.jpg

All the guys from our tournament

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...47525674_n.jpg
trentsize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-12, 11:38 PM   #9
DavyKnot

Thumbs up

Oh... That is so sweet! I want that glow-on-the-dark one.............
Old 10-03-12, 09:46 AM   #10
The Ole Man
Past Director, Past CFO,

Congrats on the ride Sam ! Sweet rig.
The Ole Man is offline   Reply With Quote