NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > NGTO Sponsor Forums > Cohutta Fishing Company
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-12, 01:46 PM   #11
oldgold
Native

You will really like Jackson Kayak. They are well built and have great customer service. I have the new Coosa and an older whitewater playboat. They are really good boats.
oldgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-12, 02:01 PM   #12
derricko1
Native

I have been admiring the Jackson Yaks from afar... Very sweet boat, Sam!
derricko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-12, 06:27 PM   #13
watkins
Native

Send a message via Yahoo to watkins
Default Cohutta Guys,

Sam, those low-keyed folk there could sell ice water to eskimos. Takes all the determination I can muster to walk out without one of those "super coolers". I'll agree fine folk. TRW
watkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-12, 08:25 PM   #14
SlowStreamer
NGTO IT Support Team, Past CIO, Hall of Fame Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorbyte View Post
I'm so jealous.
What are you jealous about. I thought you already have a 10 4wt BVK or something better

Trent,

Love the pictures. Cohutta had one of those Limons, but it went out before I arrived. It is a pretty load and wild color, but I guess that is what you want when on open water with power boats around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by watkins View Post
Sam, those low-keyed folk there could sell ice water to eskimos. Takes all the determination I can muster to walk out without one of those "super coolers". I'll agree fine folk. TRW
I know what you mean Tom. I had to get out before I checked out more of the store yesterday. But that does not mean I won't go back for more great hospitality

Thanks to everyone else for the comments. I hoping to have the Harken Cleat and pad eye installed today but couldn't get away from work before it got dark. Hope to get back from Macon early enough tomorrow to get it done. Still antsy about drilling holes in it , but gotta get it done if I want to get it out on Friday.
Old 10-03-12, 08:35 PM   #15
Buck Henry
Former NGTO President, Sith Lord, FKA Bhuk Henri

Nice boat Sammy, congrats! It has been awhile since I had my BG Prowler out on the water; let's plan a Settles to Hwy 20 paddle soon!

Buck Henry
Simple Goat Herder
Former NGTO President
Hall of Fame Member
Buck Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-12, 08:42 PM   #16
SlowStreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Henry View Post
Nice boat Sammy, congrats! It has been awhile since I had my BG Prowler out on the water; let's plan a Settles to Hwy 20 paddle soon!

Sounds good Buck.

Groundpounder, Wet Fly and I may check part of that stretch out this Friday if I can work up time and nerve to drill some holes.

The stretch Groundpounder took me on a couple weeks ago, is pretty productive even with the stain in the water.
Old 10-03-12, 08:50 PM   #17
dink
Hall of Fame

Sam,nice boat.If you ever want to take it to my buddy's lake
just let me know.

dink
dink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-12, 08:55 PM   #18
SlowStreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dink View Post
Sam,nice boat.If you ever want to take it to my buddy's lake
just let me know.

dink
Awesome, Thanks for the offer Dink. May have to touch base with you come spring time when those warm water guys are getting frisky.
Old 10-04-12, 12:04 AM   #19
Sasquatch87
Native

Sam, It was great meeting you the other day. Looks like your ride is about ready to prowl the Hooch with that sweet new 10 footer on board! I'm thinking there may be some sore lipped trout in your near future. We appreciate your business and be sure to let us know when you want us to get that Big Tuna by the front door for easy loading on your next visit!

Garner
Old 10-04-12, 08:44 AM   #20
Jakal03
Native, Official Taunter of UGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowStreamer View Post
Sounds good Buck.

Groundpounder, Wet Fly and I may check part of that stretch out this Friday if I can work up time and nerve to drill some holes.

The stretch Groundpounder took me on a couple weeks ago, is pretty productive even with the stain in the water.
It was hard for me to break down and drill when i first got mine too. Drill above the water line and use some sort of sealant on the screws. Silicone will work but i generally use 3M 5200 sealant. Rivets are also another good option for places that you cannot get to easily to tighten down nuts.
By reading the above post the reader hereby acknowledges and agrees that the Post may contain errors, omissions, sarcasm and humor (both attempted and actual) or other contents which might upset a Reader. If Reader has a problem with this then Reader shouldnít read the Post or take it seriously. If Reader fails to refrain from reading or taking the Post seriously as mentioned above, then it is the Readerís own fault and I donít want to hear about it.
Jakal03 is offline   Reply With Quote