NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > N. Georgia Small Streams--Trout Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-15, 10:27 PM   #1
Gabassman
Native

Default Happy Fathers Day and Eventful day fishing.

First off I would like to wish all the dads a happy fathers day. My dad and I had planned that we would go to the mountains for the day and maybe mess up and catch a fish or three. Our original itinerary for the day was to start at rock creek lake and float with our float tubes then hit the creek for a bit then move on down to dockery lake on the way back to Athens........Seeing as my dad showed up at the house with out his kick fins, that threw a wrench in those plans to float the lakes. So we made a decision to go to the public access on the soque since we have only talked about going. That was the right decision on our part. After figuring out where exactly the public access was, we started on wading up river from the bridge. It was a great day of fishing to be our first trip to the soque. We ended up with 10 to hand with a ton chasing the spinners right up to us and we spooked who knows how many. None that we caught were of any size though. We did however see three bigguns, one was dead and looked like an 3xl football, one swam off as we spooked it and the last one was on some guys stringer. I will most definitely be going back and trying my luck some more, maybe even with the fly next go around.

Last edited by Gabassman; 06-26-15 at 11:58 PM.
Gabassman is offline   Reply With Quote