NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > N. Georgia Small Streams--Trout Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-12, 04:36 PM   #11
2fly
Ex-BOD, Hall Of Fame Member, Ex-Angler

I think patience applies to all trout fishing. Dukes has fish stacked up due to low water so stealthiness is really key. Stay low, and fish smart. Work the inside seam, then the middle, then the outside. Fish the tailouts first and then work your way up the run. Don't overline the fish. When you hook one, try and work it out the backside of the pool to keep from spooking the others. Granted this can be hard when one of the pigs grabs your fly.
2fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-13, 12:00 PM   #12
TheBreeze
Formerly AWBivins

Headed up to Duke's for the first time on Nov. 20. Thanks for this thread. I plan on putting some of this info to use.

Follow me as I follow Drifter on Instagram
TheBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-13, 12:25 PM   #13
benvan
Native

Default spot on

I will say that 2flys post is pretty much spot on. I will however say that my experience the last two times at Dukes on section 1, is a lot like the Davidson. Fish have gotten use to pressure. May initially freak out, then will come right back and settle in, be still and they will start to feed. Even had a pig on running in a run, and two other trout were following it, and one grabbed my dropper fly. Double in the Net!

One of the runs in particular has about 15-20 fish of nice size in it. was careful on approach etc, got up to run started nymphing. Caught a fish, fish freaked out, 30 seconds later all back in a group and taking my flies again...pretty crazy the first time, but to have it happen again for a second time led me to the conclusion that section 1 fish have been under considerable pressure and have gotten use to it just like the Davidson beside the hatchery.

www.thegeorgiafly.com

Benjamin VanDevender, ACI (Adaptive Fly Fishing Casting Instructor/TAG (Therapeutic Adaptive Guide)

benvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-13, 12:34 AM   #14
Trouter23
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by benvan View Post
I will say that 2flys post is pretty much spot on. I will however say that my experience the last two times at Dukes on section 1, is a lot like the Davidson. Fish have gotten use to pressure. May initially freak out, then will come right back and settle in, be still and they will start to feed. Even had a pig on running in a run, and two other trout were following it, and one grabbed my dropper fly. Double in the Net!

One of the runs in particular has about 15-20 fish of nice size in it. was careful on approach etc, got up to run started nymphing. Caught a fish, fish freaked out, 30 seconds later all back in a group and taking my flies again...pretty crazy the first time, but to have it happen again for a second time led me to the conclusion that section 1 fish have been under considerable pressure and have gotten use to it just like the Davidson beside the hatchery.
Congratulations on two fish to hand at the same time!

Good analogy regarding the Davidson. It's incredible how much pressure that section by the hatchery receives. The fish and the fishermen are stacked up like cord wood there.

I'm so old I remember when men wore tattoos and women wore earrings.
-Lefty Kreh
Trouter23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-14, 08:21 PM   #15
tjosterh
Stocker

Fishing dukes next wendsdaay anybody else going to be out there?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
tjosterh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-15, 01:08 AM   #16
Dtroutmann
Native

As stated above have patience and take your time, they'll get used to you, just match Color and size and you'll rock it. Agreed water much better fishing stained and high.
Have fun.
Dtroutmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-15, 01:10 AM   #17
Dtroutmann
Native

I was there yesterday and this weekend is wide open was 4 spots in morning and afternoon both Saturday and Sunday. Been real easy to get an appointment past few weeks
Dtroutmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-15, 04:08 PM   #18
hbwilliams22
Stocker

Did you do well? I am going tomorrow morning at 7:30am. If you did do well, what was working?
hbwilliams22 is offline   Reply With Quote