NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Other NGTO Forums > Off-topic Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-13, 08:36 PM   #41
huntfish
Hall of Fame Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remoh View Post
Orvis definitely has some crazy over priced things. If you have some extra jingle in your pockets go for it. They make good stuff and stand behind it. I have some Orvis shirts I wear every year that are 20 years old.

If you want to see crazy, Neiman Marcus Christmas Catalog

“HIS & HERS” 2013
ULTIMATE OUTDOOR ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM

A true audio- and video-phile’s dream, you click a button and your television emerges from its discreet, underground cache, telescoping upward and unfolding to reveal its mega 201″ C SEED screen. The accompanying speakers, developed by CAT-California Audio Technology, Inc., use the most advanced marine-grade components specifically developed for super yachts. The system includes technologically advanced speakers, subwoofers, and amplifiers that project unparalleled sound, a DirecTV® satellite and DVD management system, and a built-in movie package featuring up to 300 movies and concerts (The American Film Institute’s 100 Most Thrilling American Films and 100 Greatest Love Stories, the remaining 100 are your choice). That never-ending argument over who controls the remote is no longer an issue. Two Apple® mini iPadsTM serve as the remotes; one for him and one for her. With every Ultimate Outdoor Entertainment System purchase, Neiman Marcus will donate $10,000 to The Heart of Neiman Marcus Foundation.
($1,500,000; pages 48-49 )
huntfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-13, 09:01 PM   #42
Remoh
Hall of Fame Member, Official Ambassador to the State of Alabama, Iron Skillet Award Recipient, and cruiser of the western Caribbean

My Half brother used to be upper middle management with Neiman Marcus. I used to wear business suits everyday to work. Joseph Banks kind of stuff. I asked him at the family Christmas Party- what would be a good suit for me that was economical, he said Armani made a $2000 suit that would work well. I went to K&G instead and took the family on a Caribbean Cruise.
Remoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-13, 09:33 PM   #43
Drifter
Former Director, HOF

Quote:
I went to K&G instead and took the family on a Caribbean Cruise.
Most of my detective buddies (me included) were regulars at K&G. I'd give the little Korean man a $50 buck tip and walk out with three well-fitted suits that would rival Armani. I went to the one on Chattahoochee Avenue. Thanks for the memories Bern.

The contents of this message might be totally inaccurate, misguided or otherwise perverse. If you are stupid enough to follow any of the tips listed here and mess up yourself or your equipment, I am absolved of all responsibility. The information contained herein is based on my personal experience and by no means constitutes the correct way to do it. Your mileage may vary.

Follow me on Instagram
Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-13, 09:59 PM   #44
Remoh
Hall of Fame Member, Official Ambassador to the State of Alabama, Iron Skillet Award Recipient, and cruiser of the western Caribbean

K&G is the best Drifter- I think Men's Warehouse Company bought them I only bought stuff at Joseph Bank when it was buy one suit get 3 free, lol. I landed a big account when I was a kid. I bought myself a Hart-Shafter-Marx suit custom tailored. I wore it to the celebration dinner in Fairhope Alabama. I fell off the pier that night and it tore up.....Last expensive suit I ever bought.
Old 10-29-13, 02:53 PM   #45
Architorture
Native

I've agreed with you guys for the most part but saying a K&G suit rivals an Armani (or a HSM or Brooks Bros that cost $1000 less) is crazy.

There is always a point of diminishing return on goods. A $100 Bass Pro combo will catch trout but to say it rivals a Sage One with a Nautilus reel really isn't true.
Architorture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-13, 11:10 PM   #46
UncleJesse
Native

I think stores like K&G mostly carried last year's fashion, which did not change that much for men.

In my first job I did fire prevention inspection for a Highly Protected Risk insurance company. There were a lot of clothes manufactured in the SE USA back then. I have seen K-Mart jackets and name brand jackets and suites manufactured in the same factories. The cloth was different but the same ladies sewed the garments together and the same guys cut out the pattern. As you would expect there is a large mark up on high end clothes.

FYI, back in the 1980's Lee jeans were the most precisely made clothes I know of. They cut their patterns with knives controlled by computer back in the mid 80's.
Old 10-29-13, 11:14 PM   #47
Remoh

We have to justify our expensive purchases somehow in our own mind. I look great holding my Sage/Abel rod in my K&G suit.
Old 10-30-13, 12:33 AM   #48
Drifter
Former Director, HOF

Quote:
.......I fell off the pier that night and it tore up.....Last expensive suit I ever bought.
I'd like to hear more of this story.

The contents of this message might be totally inaccurate, misguided or otherwise perverse. If you are stupid enough to follow any of the tips listed here and mess up yourself or your equipment, I am absolved of all responsibility. The information contained herein is based on my personal experience and by no means constitutes the correct way to do it. Your mileage may vary.

Follow me on Instagram
Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-13, 12:51 AM   #49
Remoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
I'd like to hear more of this story.
That's just your investigative nature. It had nothing to do with fishing, (FUI) I may have fallen on top of a mullet but I wasn't fishing. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Otherwise, Champagne may have been a contributing factor.
Old 10-30-13, 06:40 PM   #50
Architorture
Native

Quote:
We have to justify our expensive purchases somehow in our own mind. I look great holding my Sage/Abel rod in my K&G suit.
Indeed...
Architorture is offline   Reply With Quote